The Christmas Express Auditions:
Wednesday Sept. 19 and Thursday Sept. 20 at 7:00pm at The Trackside. Auditions will include reading from the script. If you can’t make these dates, but would like to be considered for a part, please let us know.
***The play requires 3 men and 5 women – any age. And 1 man and 1 woman – young, newly married.***
Rehearsals start September 24 and will be Mondays and Wednesdays at 7:00pm. Performance dates are: Friday, November 30; Saturday and Sunday, December 1 and 2. Also, Friday, December 7 and Sunday, December 9. (December 8 is the Luray parade)
Abouth the play: A small town railway station, with eccentric small town characters, and two mysterious strangers make for an unforgettable day the day before Christmas eve. Hilda, the station manager, has declared, “This is the most hopeless place in the world.” Enter Leo and impossible things start happening – a group of carolers no longer sound like a group of cats being bathed, unscheduled trains arrive, humbugs are actually looking forward to Christmas. A lively comedy ensues.
Tips for a Successful Audition!
Most of our auditions are pretty low key. They usually include reading scenes from the script, doing a few improvisation (improv) exercises, and, if it’s a musical, singing a song.
- Arrive at least 10-15 minutes early so that you can fill out paperwork and talk with other actors you might know.
- Bring a bottle of water with you. Nerves make you more thirsty than usual. So do singing, talking, and dancing.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can move around in. You never know when we’ll ask you to do jumping jacks or the Hokey Pokey. In others words, miniskirts and heels are probably a bad idea. And absolutely no flip flops!
- Always look over a scene, whispering your lines to yourself, before you read it for the director.
- Theater is all about working as a team. It’s not about who is “the best”, it’s about everyone doing their best work in the part that is right for them and the play.
- The director and producer want you to succeed. We’re not here to judge you, we’re here to see how you fit into the show.
- Remember to breathe!